- Heat oven to 375 degrees F., line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, sugar, mashed banana, almond milk and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredients lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick).
- Take a paper towel to the shredded carrots to absorb any excess moisture. Fold in the carrots and raisins.
- Fill batter into the muffin cups. Top with pecans
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. The larger you make the muffins the longer it will take to cook thru. If the tops begin to dry out or the nuts begin to brown too much simply make a tent with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Serving Size: 1