- 2 1/2 cups fresh butternut squash, cubed
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground flax, w/ 3 tbsp water
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 1/2 cup gluten free Panko
- Salt + Pepper as needed
- 1 cup thinly sliced white cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced kale
- 2 tbsp champagne or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 small apple, cut into matchsticks
- 3 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp tarragon, chopped
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Salt + Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chopped butternuts squash on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked all the way thru. Set aside.
- Combine the ground flax seed with water, set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat sautéed the diced onion for 3-5 mins until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine with your hands the cooked butternut squash, cooked onion/garlic, panko, and flax egg. Set in the fridge for 2hrs to firm up
- Preheat the oven to 375. Bake burgers for 10 minutes on each side. Set the oven now to a low broil. Cook on each side for an additional 3-5 mins just to get the outside crispy.
- Kale Slaw: Throw all the ingredients in a dish and set aside to slightly soften.
- To prep place the patties on buns, top with the kale slaw, and whatever else you like!
- Prep Time: 1hr
- Cook Time: 10mins