- 3 1/2 tbsp vegan Follow Your Heart egg powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 cups finely shredded Brussels sprouts (I used the whole bag of WF shredded brussles)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup vegan Follow Your Heart shredded parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt and black pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- 3/4 cup vegan sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard dijon
- 1 tbsp regular dijon
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine the egg powder and almond milk. Whisk to remove clumps and set aside.
- Take the shaved brussels and give them a rough chop and remove any of the pieces with stems that are too coarse.
- In a large bowl add the remaining ingredients. Add in the vegan egg mixture and combine to the brussel sprouts to form patties.
- In a large nonstick pan, add ¼ cup vegetable oil and heat over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the cakes and cook them for about 2-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and crispy. *I like to add a little additional Panko to patties right before frying for even more texture! Once cooked, set on top of paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the aioli, and top the fritters with it. garnish with fresh parsley if desired
- Serve them immediately or place patties on sheet pan in a 300 degree oven to keep hot until you serve.
You can add chopped shallots to the aioli if you like or in the fritters for added flavor!
You can skip the white flour and use chickpea if you like!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins