- Brown butter: In a small pan over medium/high heat, add the vegan butter. Cook butter until foamy 2-3 minutes. Swirl the pan, or stir the butter, often to be sure the butter is cooking evenly and doesn’t burn. Keep cooking, stirring constantly until you start seeing little golden flecks in the butter. The color will progress from lemony-yellow to golden-tan. Place in a measuring cup in freezer for 5 mins until slightly cooled. If your butter is has reduced to less than 1/2 cup, simply add a lil more.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 1 cup sugar, salt, and cooled melted brown butter until combined.
- Whisk in room temp non-dairy milk and vanilla, until all sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
- Cover and chill the dough in the fridge for a minimum of 45 minutes to 1hr. The longer the better!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine the cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a shallow bowl. Make 1 ice cream scoop of batter, roll into a ball with your hands and generously coat in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten with the palm of your hand
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies just begin to brown. Allow to cool for 10-15, then place on cooling to fully cool.
- Category: Cookies