- 2 large carrots (fork tender)
- 1 small potato (fork tender)
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for at least 4hrs or boiled in hot water)
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs vegan Worcestershire (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cheese Sauce: Add all the cheese sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If you haven’t soaked the cashews for a long time, add them to the blender first with a little of the almond milk. Blend until smooth. Taste, and adjust the spices as desired. Add more almond milk a little at a time if you find it too thick until you achieve the desired consistency. if you find that yours is too thin, add in a little more potato.
- Fritters: Chop the broccoli removing the majority of the stems. In a pot over medium high heat add a lil water and place a strainer above it with the chopped broccoli. Let steam for 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Drain the broccoli and let cool. Chop the steamed broccoli into pieces. Place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine the almond milk or water and vegan egg powder. Remove any clumps.
- Add the Panko, garlic, salt, pepper, scallions baking powder, and vegan egg to the bowl with the broccoli.
- Combine and form patties in the desired size. Coat with a lil additional egg and Panko to prevent the fritters from sticking to the pan.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat add 2 tbsp oil.
- Place fritters in the pan. Let cook on each side for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve with vegan cheddar sauce.
This will make roughly 1-2 cups of cheese sauce
- Serving Size: 1