- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, mashed banana, room temp almond milk, vanilla extract, to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fold in the fresh blueberries and shredded basil, and fill into the muffin cups. Top with additional blueberries and basil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. Make an aluminum foil tent midway to prevent the tops from further drying out.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1