- 2 cups sliced strawberries (you can use raspberries too)
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 sheet pastry dough, defrosted.
- Filling: In a pan over medium heat add the strawberries and rhubarb, cook for 3-5 minutes until soft. Combine the orange juice and corn starch, whisk until dissolved. Pour over the fruit and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- It should thicken. Remove form heat and add the optional maple syrup and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400. Allow the pastry dough to come to room temperature. Unfold, roll out a lil with a rolling pin. Take a knife or pizza cutter and slice into strips. Take 2 strips and combine the ends by pressing together. Start to twist the dough from the middle and loop them around in a circle. The last end bring thru the center to create a bottom. Fill with about 2 tbsp of filling.
- Coat all the tops with vegan butter. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Combine powdered sugar, almond extract, almond milk and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the top and garnish with toasted almonds.
- Serving Size: 1