- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, approx. 1 ½ cup
- 1 cup steamed beets, grated
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh dill or parsley
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup vegan sour cream or yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 squeeze lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Chop the tops off the beets and place in the water to boil until fork tender. Remove, let cool. Remove the skins with your hands. Take the beets to a cheese grater and make 1 cups worth of grated beets. You can skip the steaming and grate fresh beets, but this texture is more ideal!
- Add all the falafel ingredients to a food processor and pulse. I pulsed about 15 tims, scraping down the sides every so often. You don’t want mush, so don’t over process!
- Scoop about 1 ½-2 tbsp of mixture into your hands and form small patties. If the texture is too wet, simply add a lil chickpea flour to absorb residual moisture. If too dry, add a little more lemon juice 2 tsp at a time.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and. and start forming falafel patties.
- Place the falafels on a baking sheet and bake for 30 mins.
- To make the tahini sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small shallow dish.
- To serve garnish with parsley, and serve with sauce. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 1 month
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes