- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, lemon zest and juice, maple syrup or agave, extract (optional) and coconut oil until fully combined.
- Add to the dry mixture and stir with a large spoon until fully combined.
- Place the coarse sugar in a small bowl.Scoop 1½ Tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball.
- Roll in the coarse sugar to fully coat and place on the prepared baking sheet; repeat with remaining dough.
- Gently press on the tops of the dough balls with your fingers to flatten to approximately ½ inch thick; the cookies don’t spread much while baking. If the dough seems too crumbly, simply add a lil more coconut oil 1 tsp at a time.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until barely golden on the edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1