- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup (2 shots espresso, the rest strong cooled brewed coffee)
- 1 tub ready made frosting
- 1 tbsp of the coffee/espresso mix
- 1 tbsp instant coffee or espresso
- Preheat to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch round or square pan.
- Cake: Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and the sugar in the pan. Make 3 indentions in the mixture. 2 small and one large. Pour the vanilla and vinegar into the smaller holes, and oil into the larger hole.
- Pour the coffee with espresso all over the entire mixture and stir the ingredients until combined.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is set but springy. Cool the cake in the pan.
- Icing: In the bowl of a standing mixer add your ready made icing. Whip until smooth. Now combine the 1 tbsp coffee/espresso mix and instant coffee/espresso powder. Gradually add to the bowl while mixing. If you don’t have coffee or espresso powder to combine with the liquid, just add the liquid by itself. Frost the cooled cake.