- 1/2 cup vegan butter plus (1 Tbsp for coating the pans)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plus 1 Tbsp for dusting the pans)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsps matcha powder
- 2 tbsp Vegan Egg Powder combine with 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar (optional for dusting)
- Melt the vegan butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. In a large bowl, add the cane sugar.
- In the same bowl sift in the 1 cup all-purpose flour, a pinch of salt, 1 tsp. baking powder, and matcha powder.
- Whisk all together to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine vegan egg powder with almond milk and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- Add the vegan egg mixture into the flour mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir until just combined.
- Slowly add half of the cooled melted butter. Make sure to blend the butter and mixture well before you add more butter. It may seem really greasy, but keep combining.
- Add the other half and mix until just blended and do not over mix. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate to rest the batter for 3 hours, or if you have the time, overnight (highly recommended).
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Melt the 1 Tbsp. vegan butter in the mircowave. Brush the butter in the molds of two 12 full-size shell-shaped madeleine pans. Then using a fine mesh strainer, lightly dust 1 Tbsp. flour over the molds.
- Remove the batter from the refrigerator and fill each mold in the madeleine pan with 1 Tbsp. of the batter. No need to smooth out the batter in the mold as it’ll melt in the oven.Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 11-13 minutes, or until the madeleines’ edges looks done and the tops spring back when touched.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 3 minutes. Using a fork, gently release the madeleines from the molds and transfer them onto a cooling rack. The madeleines are ready to serve when they are slightly warm or at room temperature.
- Dust the tops with confectioner’s sugar if desired. If you are storing/freezing the madeleines, do not dust with sugar until you are ready to serve.
*Store COMPLETELY cooled madeleines in an airtight container for a few days (best enjoyed within 24 hours) or wrap individual madeleine in plastic wrap and put in a freezer bag for 2 months. Defrost the madeleines at room temperature first before dusting with confectioner’s sugar.
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1