- 1 and 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Lime, juice
- Add Almond Milk up to the 1 cup line
- Zest from 2 Limes
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Lime Frosting:
- 3 cups Powdered (Confectioners) Sugar
- 1/4 cup (56g) Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp tequila (can always add more)
- 1 tsp matcha
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Squeeze the lime juice into a measuring cup along with the tequila, and then add almond milk up to the 1 cup line.
- Now add in the zest from 2 limes, olive oil, white vinegar and vanilla extract and whisk to remove lumps and combine.
- Now add to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners and divide the batter evenly between them. (3/4 full)
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare your frosting by adding the powdered sugar, vegan butter, lime juice, tequila, and matcha powder to the bowl of an electric mixer and then starting at slow speed, gradually increase speed until it’s thick and smooth. If your frosting is too thin add more powdered sugar, if too thick add lime juice a drop at a a time until the right consistency is reached. You want it to be very thick so it pipes well, but not so thick that it won’t come out your piping bag.
- When the cupcakes are completely cooled, pipe on the frosting and top with sliced limes and straws.
You can also purchase ready made vegan icing and simply add the lime juice and tequila. Add in powdered sugar 1-2 tsp at a time if the mixture is too wet.
- Serving Size: 1