- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (refrigerate can overnight)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and pull out a 9 by 13 baking dish. Combine your apple slices, 1 tsp cinnamon and coconut or brown sugar in a large pan over medium low heat. Cook the apples, stirring regularly until they are soft, about 10 minutes. (other options are to place in a crock pot and cook on low for a few hours)
- Caramel Sauce: While the apples are cooking down, combine the caramel sauce ingredients, 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar, 1/2 cup vegan butter, 1/4 cup coconut cream (solid portion of coconut milk) in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir consistently until the mixture begins to boil. Continue stirring for another minute or so until it is smooth, remove from the heat. Sauce will thicken and be golden. (5 minutes)
- Cobbler: Pour melted vegan butter into the baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar, 1 cup flour, 2 tsps baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Whisk in 1 cup almond milk and 1 tsps vanilla extract. Pour the mixture over the butter and whisk in gently.
- Add the cooked apples on top and stir to combine.
- Pour the caramel apple mixture over the batter (you can reserve some for topping) .
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Serve warm with vegan ice cream and the reserved caramel sauce.
- Category: Cobbler
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 6-8 servings