- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, sugar, mashed banana, room temp almond milk, and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fold in the chopped strawberries and rhubarb saving a few to throw on top, and fill into the muffin cups. Garnish with oats.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. I like to cover the tops with an aluminum foil tint mid bake to If the to prevent the tops from drying out.
- Serving Size: 1