- 2 Tbsps sesame oil
- 6–8 scallions, thinly sliced (additional for garnish)
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water (you can use broth if you’d like)
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 Tbsps Tamari
- 1–14 oz. package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into small cubes
- 4 cups cooked soba noodles (or as desired)
- 1 full sheet of seaweed sliced into strips
- black sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles, and cook for about 4 minutes, until tender. Drain; set aside in a bowl of cool water.
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and green onions, season with sea salt, and cook until the mushrooms are soft. Add the garlic, ginger, miso, and cook for and additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth, water; and soy and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. When ready to serve add the cubed tofu, noodles, seaweed, and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner/Appetizer