- 3/4 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- ¾ cup white sugar (you can use alternatives, but may shift the color)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg (combined with 1/4 cup almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup almond milk mixed w/a squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2½ cups fresh cranberries
- 2½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream vegan butter, sugar and lemon zest together for 3 minutes. Add vegan eggs and vanilla, combine. Add lemon juice and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, mix and combine dry ingredients together. Combine almond milk w/lemon and add to the dry ingredients, throw in the egg mixture and combine without over mixing as it will lose height. Fold in the fresh cranberries. Grease and a bread pan. Pour batter in pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes.
- While the loaf cools make the icing. Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and add additional powdered sugar to achieve the desired consistency. Top the bread with it once loaf is room temperature. top with additional lemon zest if desired. Let set, and serve.
If you don’t have the vegan egg you may be able to use mashed banana as a substitute, however, it may take on a light banana flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 slice