For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked, drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tsps capers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp white miso
- 4 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk (can use water)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup shallots (thinly sliced)
- 4 cups kale (removed from stems, shredded)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocados
- additional vegan parm for topping
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesane
- Shiitake bacon: Wash, thinly slice the mushrooms, keeping the stems, and soak in the ingredients for at least 30 minutes, the longer the better. Place in oven on a baking sheet with aluminum foil on 250 for 30-40 minutes. Rotate midway. Should be slightly crisp, but not overly crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Crust: Set the oven to 450, coat with olive oil, garlic, and vegan parmesan. Bake on 400 for 15 minutes. let cool.
- To make the dressing: Soak cashews in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain water, and combine all ingredients in a food processor. (I recommend the Vitamix for the smoothest texture) Blend until smooth and store in the fridge until needed.
- Assemble the pizza: Wash kale, remove from the stems and slice thin. Place olive oil in your hands and massage the leaves for 2-3 minutes until soft. Dress the greens, toss in chopped tomatoes. Garnish with shiitake bacon, avocado, and vegan parm.
- Category: Pizza
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner