- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (processed oats)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats, processed slightly
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons vegan unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth, no-stir peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground flax with 4 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Lily’s Sweet Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup vegan Unreal “M+M’s” chocolate candies (almost whole bag)
- Combine the ground flax and water. Stir to remove clumps and allow it to set for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor add 1 cup of oats. Pulse until it looks like a fine dust. Now add the 1 1/2 cups of oats, salt, and baking soda. Plus a few times 3 times, set aside.
- In another bowl place the vegan butter, peanut butter, flax egg, vanilla, and brown sugar, and mix until fully combined. Add the oats, and oat flour mixture to the large bowl, and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and vegan M+M candies. The dough will be thick but should not be stiff.
- Scoop the dough into mounds about 2 1/2 tablespoons each onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart from one another. Using wet fingers, press each mound down into a disk about 1/2-inch thick. I flattened these a lot as they won’t spread much.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly brown around the edges, set in the center and the top of each cookie has taken on a crackled appearance. Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. If you want more of a soft texture you can skip the cooling rack. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. These cookies also freeze amazingly well in a sealed freezer-safe container.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Serving Size: 1