- 1 head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Break the cauliflower into florets.
- Batter: In a bowl combine the water, flour, garlic powder and salt.
- Dip the florets in the batter allowing excess to drip off. Set on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Continue with the remaining florets.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Make the sauce: In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, ginger and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, orange zest, sugar, red pepper flakes. bring to a boil for 2 minutes, reduce to a simmer.
- Combine the corn starch and water, whisking to remove any clumps. Now add to the sauce and whisk to combine. Once the sauce thickens (2 mins), whisk in the sesame oil, and set aside.
- Toss the baked cauliflower florets in the sauce. Top with chopped scallions and sesame seeds.