- 5 cups Brussels Sprouts (halved)
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
Cashew Dijon Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Toss and coat the halved Brussels with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the halves face down for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Rotate halfway and remove the leaves if they are beginning to burn. Remove from heat, set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and the shallots.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2. Remove from heat.
- In a high powered blender add the soaked cashews, almond milk, nutritional yeast, dijon, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice. Add more dijon if desired!
- Blend until smooth. Add additional almond milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Toss and coat the roasted brussels in the sauce. Garnish with optional parsley. Serve warm.
*If you’d like to pack on more flavor cook the onions and garlic with 1/4 cup white wine, reduce slightly and blend with the remaining sauce ingredients
- Serving Size: 4