- In a large pot heat vegan butter over medium heat and add mushrooms.
- Sauté for 5 minutes until soft and fragrant. Remove two cups of mushrooms, set aside.
- Now add the chopped onion and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms have shrunk and begun to release moisture, while the onion starts to brown, reduce heat, add the minced garlic, thyme, and vegan Worcestershire. Saute for an additional 3 minutes.
- Once most of the of moisture is absorbed, add in white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then add in coconut milk, vegetable stock, salt/pepper. Stir to combine the soup and then bring to a simmer.
- Add the soaked cashews to a high power blender with about 2 cups of the mixture and blend until smooth.
- Now add the remaining soup to the blender in segments and then pour back into the pot.
- Cook uncovered for at 20 minutes. The soups should reduce slightly and gain a thicker consistency. Add additional broth if desired.
- Toss in the mushrooms you remove earlier to add texture. Garnish with thyme and serve warm.
* If you don’t have time to soak cashews, simply place in boiling water for 7-10 minutes.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner/Appetizer
- Serving Size: 4