- In a small bowl whisk together the teriyaki sauce ingredients until combine and sugar is dissolved.
- Cut the eggplants into small chunks. The shape doesn’t have to be uniform. place in a large bowl and toss and coat in the marinade. Allow the eggplant to marinate for 20 minutes or more to soak up the flavors.
- Drizzle a lil olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Once hot place the marinated eggplant in the pan just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Allow to cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook the other side. If you find they need to be cooked more, simply lower the heat and cook longer.
- Once you cook the remaining eggplant take the residual teriyaki sauce and place in a sauce pan over low/medium heat. Take out 2 tbsp of the teriyaki sauce and combine with the corn starch. Whisk until smooth and then pour back into the pan. Cook for a few minutes until slightly thickened, then remove from heat.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the cooked eggplant. Serve with cauliflower rice and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
- Category: Fritter
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner
- Serving Size: 2-3