Garlic Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbs olive oil, divided
- 1tbsp vegan butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart vegan parm
- 1/4 tsp salt + Pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 box cooked fettuccine or linguini pasta
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 15 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts
- Toasted pine nuts, parsley, lemon juice
- Add minced garlic and and butter to a pan. Sauté the garlic for one to two minutes, or just until it’s tender and fragrant. Add the chopped shallots and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until slightly browned. Set aside.
- In a blend add the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, almond milk, salt/pepper, and onion/garlic mix and blend until smooth. Add additional almond milk if desired to achieve thinner consistency
- To the same pan add a little olive oil and garlic, cook for 1 minute, add the drained artichokes and cook for 3-4 minutes. I like to get brown pieces to add more flavor. Toss in the spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the cooked pasta and garlic cream sauce to the pan with the artichokes and spinach. Toss and coat. Top of with a squeeze of lemon and garnish with parsley, toasted pine nuts and additional vegan parmesan.
If you want to make more sauce to use for leftovers simply add more cashews and almond milk
If you have minimal time: Put cashews in bowl of water, microwave for 5 minutes, skip cooking garlic and shallots and throw into blender w/remaining sauce ingredients, throw the sauce in a pan with cooked pasta, artichokes, and spinach, cook for a few minutes, enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1