Vegan Soft Baked S’mores Cookies
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Lately we’re expanding the recipes via EDS to offer an array of everything. Something we were falling short of, was some solid cookie recipes! I personally have a few go to’s in my routine, but there are so many varieties to tap into, like S’mores cookies!
I’m not sure what it is, but something about this concept I love. Marshmallows break up the texture, add an element of fun and more texture. So rather than skipping over this second S’mores recipe we decided to feature it, because who doesn’t love more options?
What’s fab about this cookie, is that it’s quick, easy, features pantry staples, requires no vegan egg, uses coconut oil, vegan marshmallows, and stevia sweetened chocolate, they are buttery soft, take only 10 minutes to bake, are perfect for any season, and just such an iconic cookie!
If you’re a lover of all things s’mores, you have to try these new vegan Soft Baked S’mores Cookies!!
Why this recipe is great:
Features vegan marshmallows
Made with stevia sweetened chocolate
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, solid but scoop-able
- 1 and 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (room temp)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup My Dandies vegan marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the coconut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla, beating until well combined. Add in the almond milk and applesauce and whisk until well combined; set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; whisk well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, stir until ingredients are combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows saving some for the tops.
- Scoop three tablespoon sized mounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving a few inches between each cookies for spreading. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centers have set. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.