- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, broken in half pieces (about 10 noodles)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled, don’t chop, boiled (optional)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles, 2tsp salt, and cook as the label directs. Drain; drizzle with olive oil, toss and coat.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped yellow onion. Cook until onion is translucent and softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and oregano and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until garlic is golden.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until darkened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, peeled carrot; cover and bring to a simmer.
- Uncover and cook until slightly reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Add the soaked cashews, almond milk, boiled carrot from the pot (optional) to a high power blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add additional almond milk if needed. Add back into the pot with the tomato sauce.
- Stir in the cooked noodles, fresh basil, and simmer 2 more minutes.
- Season with salt/pepper and garnish with veggie parm, sliced basil, and red pepper flakes.
If you don’t have time to soak cashews overnight, simply pop in the microwave or let soak in boiling water until softened.
- Serving Size: 4