- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp almond extract – you can also use vanilla
- 1 tbsp green powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl: flours, baking powder, baking soda, green powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender, place melted coconut oil, room temperature almond milk, almond extract or vanilla, maple syrup, avocado and spinach. Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until completely puréed.
- Pour puréed mixture into dry mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula until completely combined.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full, top with slivered almonds, and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1