- 1 cup cashews soaked in hot water, then drained
- 3 medium Russet potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin rings or half rings
- 2 celery stalks, diced into 1/4 pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- 1/3 cup white wine, optional
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Tobasco
- 1 large sheet of seaweed, more if desired
- 1 1/2 tsp vegan worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- Salt/Pepper as desired
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- In the soup pot add the broth and seaweed. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer (5 minutes). Remove from the pot and set aside. After 10 minutes remove the seaweed.
- Rinse and drain the soaked cashews, and add them to a blender with the almond milk. Blend until smooth. set aside.
- In a soup pot, heat the vegan butter over medium-low heat. Add the finely chopped onion, carrots, celery, and stir well. Cook until both are softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the white wine, cook for 3-5 minutes and reduce.
- Add the salt, ground black pepper, Old Bay, vegan Worcestershire, thyme, and diced potatoes. Cook for about 2-3 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Now Add all of the vegetable broth, bay leaf, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Continue to cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 more minutes. Stir in the cashew cream mixture, and simmer until hot. Remove the bay leaf and serve hot.
If the soup begins to thicken once cooled simply add more almond milk or broth to achieve desired consistency
- Serving Size: 1