- 1 & 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsps Coffee Grains (optional)
- 3/4 cup cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract 1/3 cup Oil
- 3 Tbsp Banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp White vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a mixing bowl and add cane sugar, coffee grains (optional), baking soda and salt and mix together. (Coffee grains enhance the chocolate flavor, but can be skipped)
- To another bowl add the almond milk, vanilla, oil, banana (you can sub applesauce) and vinegar and mix in.Use a hand whisk to whisk out any big lumps.
- Add the wet to dry and whisk until just combined.
- Pour into the baking pan.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then remove and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare your Coffee Whip. In the bowl of a standing mixer add the sugar, ice cold water and instant coffee.
- Whisk on high speed for 3-5 minutes. The mix should begin to thicken and get light and fluffy. When your cake has cooled, pipe onto the cake. Serve with fresh fruit. You’ll have tons eftover whip to use for more cake or other things! So while it calls for 1 cup, you’re not consuming that.
*The whip is good for 24hrs, can be whipped again to get more air in it, will hold shape when left out but I recommend keeping it in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1