- 1/2 large white onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 large can organic crushed tomatoes, 28oz
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- Follow Your Heart vegan sour cream (as desired)
- 1 cup avocado
- 2–3 tbsp cilantro
- In a large pot over medium heat cook the garlic with olive oil and until fragrant. (2 minutes)
- Add the diced onions, red bell pepper, adobo peppers, liquid smoke, vegan Worcestershire, cumin and chili powder and cook for an additional 5 minutes until onions are slightly browned.
- Rinse all of the beans and add them to the pot with the crushed tomatoes, broth, and precooked quinoa.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- For the best flavor, let the chili simmer on low for a few hours. Top with avocado, vegan sour cream and cilantro. Finish with lime juice
I cooked my quinoa in advance. Simply rinse, and then throw into a pot with broth or water. Wait til the little tails come out to remove from heat.
- Category: Chili
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner