Vegan Chickpea Flour S’Mores Cookies
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I don’t typically feature cookies on a Monday, but these were just too good and I couldn’t wait to share. Plus, they are made with chickpea flour!! Lately I’ve been going thru every category to ensure that I have an array of options. Believe it or not, I didn’t have enough cookies. Honestly though, can you ever have enough cookie recipes? lol, no, the answer is no!
So I’ve been exploring more concepts with chickpeas and loved these chickpea cookies made with whole chickpeas. Since those worked, I was curious as to what you could do with chickpea flour. I typically use that flour only to make falafels. However, I I felt if you can use whole canned chickpeas, which are usually overpowering, you had to be able to use the flour. I was right!
What’s fab about these cookies, is everything! They are are quick, easy, affordable, gluten free, low sugar, pack tons of flavor, pack texture, features stevia sweetened chocolate chips, vegan marshmallows, they are crispy like REAL cookies, they don’t taste like beans, these are perf for any season, it makes the perfect amount of cookies, and they were tested and approved by countless people who are not vegans!
If you love innovative recipes that feature staple pantry ingredients, you have to try these new vegan Chickpea Flour S’mores cookies!!
Why this recipe is great:
Stevia sweetened chocolate
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 cookies
35 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Lily's Sweets stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegan marshmallows
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- Mix the flax seed meal and water in a shallow dish and allow to thicken, 5-7 minutes.
- In another bowl add the other wet ingredients, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, sugar, and sugar.
- Mix well and combine, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chickpea flour, salt, and baking soda, coming until it forms a cookie batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes or longer to firm up.
- Remove from fridge, if still too stick you can add more chickpea flour, 1 tsp at a time.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into cookies using 2tbsp of dough or 3 for larger cookies. Lightly press down on them.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart as they will spread. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges and fully spread.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes the place on a cooling rack for another 15 minutes to further firm up.