- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbps vinegar (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt as desired
- 1 small package mushrooms (sliced) (white or portobello)
- 1 can black beans- rinsed
- 3 beets (peeled, steamed, sliced)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 4 dates (chopped ideally)
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- top with red onion, leaf lettuce,avocado, chipotle mayo
- 1 cup Vegan Follow Your Heart Mayo
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 adobo pepper, minced
- In a pan over medium heat cook minced garlic with oil for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Now add diced onion, cook til clear, add chopped mushrooms, seasonings and add a few drops of vinegar.
- Cook for an additional 5-7minutes.
- Place black beans in a strainer, rinse then place in bowl with cooked quinoa, add the mushroom/onion mix.
- Put oats into the food processor and pulse until it forms a flour, Once the beets are soft, remove from oven, let cool, then place in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times with the oats, don’t over process, texture is good.
- Add 4 soft dates (chopped) to the food processor with the beets to give the burgers a hint of sweetness.
- Once processed add to the bowl with everything else and and mix together with hands.
- Add additional oat flour if they appear too wet. Place in the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat cook each patty for 5/7 minutes on each side. The thicker the patty the longer it will take to cook. You can also opt to bake. Set on a baking sheet and cook for 15-20 mins on 350
- Mayo: Throw everything together and combine
– The thicker the beet burger the longer you need to cook. If you would like to make more of a binder you can incorporate nuts or a flax egg.
– If you don’t want to use quinoa you can use brown rice
– You can wrap in plastic and freeze
- Category: Burger
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner