Easy vegan fajitas!
- 2–3 large portobello mushrooms
- 3 bell peppers (I use all colors)
- 1 onion (I used red)
- 1 jalapeno (sliced in half, seeds removed, then sliced)
- 1 tbsp vegan worcestershire
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 minced chili in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley (cut off thick stems)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 4 cloves of garlic (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbs crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp spanish seasonings (cumin, chili powder etc)
- 1/4 medium white or red onion
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- Toppings of choice: avocado/guacamole, vegan sour cream, cilantro
- Chimichurrie sauce: place it all in a blender or food processor and pulse til smooth
- Remove stems of mushrooms, spoon out gills if desired, and wipe tops clean. Cut into about 1/3 inch thick slices. Take all the marinade ingredients and whisk together in a bow. Add the mushrooms to a large container and top with the marinade. Place in a grade and soak overnight.
- Thinly slice bell peppers and onion. Make taco seasoning by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Heat a griddle and grill all the fajita veggies and top with marinade from mushrooms and taco seasoning. Cooker 7-8 minutes until soft. Top with additional lime as they cook. While the veggies cook prepare your toppings of choice. Lastly take the mushroom caps bottom side up and top with additional marinade and spices. Cook for 5 minutes, remove from heat, let slightly cool and slice.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill for more flavor and aesthetic appeal!
- Spoon the fajita mixture into the center of tortillas, and serve with toppings of choice.
- Category: Fajitas
- Cuisine: Spanish