- Place cashews in boiling water. Set aside.
- In a large pan add the butter and olive oil. Now add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, lemon zest and cook for an additional 2 mins. Add the lemon juice (1/2), and white wine, and cook for 2-3 until slightly reduced.
- Now add the dry orzo pasta cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and cover, bring to a low simmer. Stir periodically to ensure it cooks evenly and doesn’t stick.
- In a blender combine the soaked cashews and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- Once orzo is reduced, about 5 mins, now add the cashew cream. Season generously with salt and pepper and top with the juice from remaining 1/2 lemon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the fresh spinach until slightly wilted. Serve warm. Once it cools it may slightly thicken, simply throw on some more almond milk about a tbsp or so at a time to bring back a smoother texture!