Vegan GF Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
What’s fab about this particular cookie, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packed with oats, sans white flour, sans white sugar, sans even vegan eggs, packed with oats, packed with fiber, packed with protein, has a buttery soft texture, can easily be made in bulk, has minimal added sugar, is perf for any season, and is my newest obsession!!
Perf for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
14 minCook Time
24 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted or oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup GF rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor or powerful blender, blend 1 cup of oats into flour.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla.
- Microwave 30 seconds and combine with a spatula until a shiny batter is achieved.
- Stir in rolled oats, oat flour and baking powder.
- Combine until it forms a cookie dough, stir in chocolate chips if used and keep stirring to incorporate.
- Form a ball with the batter between your hands. Place on the baking sheet and slightly flattened. The cookies won't spread too much!
- Bake for for 12-14 minutes or until the sides are golden.
- Cool 10 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer onto a cooling rack. Wait until fully cool down to enjoy. They get crispier with time.