- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and coco powder in a bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and sugar. Add the mashed banana, mixing until incorporated.
- Add the the dry ingredients to the bowl of the wet 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Form the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart. For fluffy cookies make them bigger, for crispy cookies make thinner. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until lightly browned around edges.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, then place on a cookie sheet to firm up. If they are not as firm as you like simply pop in the oven at 200 degree on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Combine the vegan white chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave, heat for 1 minute and stir every 15 seconds until fully melted. Dip the cooled cookies in the melted chocolate and top with crushed mints while still wet. These cookies are best enjoyed the day they are baked.
For more peppermint flavor, at 1 tsp peppermint extract to the wet ingredients, combine.