- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 3 tsp lemongrass paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 squares of dried ramen or noodles of your choice
- 2 tsp thai red curry paste
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts (add more if desired)
- salt/pepper as desired
- 2–3 scallions, peeled or chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime (wedges, garnish)
- Heat coconut oil in large saucepan or stock pot over medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic, lemongrass paste, thai red curry paste, and sautee for about two minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add the coconut milk, red bell pepper, mung beans, and cook for 10 minutes until veggies are softened.
- Add in the noodles, cook for an additional 5. Then remove from heat, stir in the lime juice.
- Top with scallions, fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes lime wedges.
- You can also add tofu, shiitakes and more to this soup!
- If you can’t find the lemongrass paste, you can use 1 stalk fresh lemongrass
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner/Side