Vegan Chocolate Avocado Blender Muffins
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Since I’m one of those people who always has an avocado on hand, I typically always have one that’s on its way out too lol. That being said, I’m always looking for new ways to salvage them as I hate wasting. One of my favorite things to do is throw them in cookies or brownies, but I had yet to try a muffin. Would it work? Could it work? Would it even be good? The answer is, yes.
What’s great about these muffins? Everything. They are quick, easy, affordable, pack healthy fats, are oil free, egg free, gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free, contain only 7 kitchen staples, are fluffy with a fudge center, are perfect for any season, great for breakfast or snack, you can make minis or normal sizes muffins, kept friendly, you can use stevia sweetened chocolate chips to cut the sugar more down, and they are just so darn good!
If you’re searching for ways to salvage your avos or simply love an effortless recipe that packs a rich chocolate flavor, you have to try these new vegan Chocolate Avocado Blender Muffins!
Why this recipe is great:
No refined sugar
No white flour
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 mini
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 Avocado (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup cup almond or oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coffee grains, optional
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with liners. You can make 8-12 mini muffins or 3 standard size muffins
- In a food processor or blender (I prefer food processor) combine all of the ingredients minus the chocolate chips. Blend until smooth, pausing in between to scrape down the sides. (1 minute) Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the batter into the liners and bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Allow the muffins to remain in the tins for another 10-15 post bake. They will firm up. Store in fridge in air tight container.