- 1 and 1/3 cups white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners and set aside. This recipe makes 14 cupcakes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, clove, and nutmeg.
- Set aside. In a bowl whisk together the organic sugar, brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, and applesauce until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix just until combined, about 15 seconds.
- Gently fold in the shredded carrots. Fill prepared cupcake liners two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake cupcakes at 350° F for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with little to no crumbs. Cool cupcakes in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), beat together cream cheese and butter for 90 seconds, or until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and mix until combined, about 15 seconds. With the mixer on low, slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and mix until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer frosting to a frosting bag fitted with desired tip. Frost the cooled cupcakes and serve at room temperature.
*If you don’t want to make the icing, simply buy a vegan ready made option and whip up with 2 tbsp of cream cheese *You can also skip some of the spices if needed!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1