- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a greased 8″ square baking dish.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients – two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and almond extract in each of the two smaller depressions, and the oil in the large one. This step is imperative as your cake will be more dense and won’t rise.
- In a blender combine the spinach and water. Remove whatever is in excess of one cup.
- Pour spinach water over the entire thing and mix until smooth. Fold in the chopped pistachios.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until browned on the edges and when you push in it bounces back.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer combine icing, extract and natural green food dye or matcha. Blend until smooth and you achieve a consistent color. Ice the cooled cake and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1