- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed (seeds removed)
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 400º. On a large baking sheet, toss butternut squash, onions and carrots with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add celery and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add the garlic, fresh thyme, additional salt and pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the roasted squash, onions and carrots to a high power blender. Add the celery/garlic mixture, broth, and blend until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Add the coconut milk.
- Serve garnished with thyme and toasted pine nuts.
Cut prep time down by buying a Whole Foods package of precut butternut squash
If you’re not sure if you have too much roasted onion, simply add it to the blender gradually before blending all together.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 servings