- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 4 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic clove
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tsps fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 large bunches broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Break apart broccoli florets into small pieces and roughly chop. If you can’t find grated carrots you can always peel them.
- Add chopped onion, minced garlic, and 1 tbsp of melted butter and cook until transparent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large blender add the soaked cashews, 1/2 the cooked carrot onion mix, almond milk, nutritional yeast, and blend until smooth.
- Add the vegetable stock, cashew cream blend, Worcestershire, chopped broccoli, and thyme into the large pot with the remaining cooked carrots and onion, simmer for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
If soup become more solid post refrigeration, simply add more stock and simmer!
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner
- Serving Size: 1