Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Waffles
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Words can’t express how excited I am that this week is wrapping up. At 35 weeks pregnant the days are longer, the aches are more and everything just starts slowing down lol. I’ll still be behind EDS while we navigating life as first time parents, but I’m excited to just be present and soak up all these irreplaceable moments.
Since breaking into the third trimester my routine is getting more and more simple and so are the recipes! While I love the more involved concepts, there is a time and place for those and more often than not..
I want something that can be thrown together in minutes and is game changing! Thus these no flourless gluten free waffles have become my latest obsession! Gone are the days that waffles are packed with white flour and sugar and no nutrients, because these vegan gluten free Chocolate Waffles are here!
What’s fab about these waffles, is everything! They are quick, easy, can be thrown in a blender, have minimal ingredients, pack a rich chocolate flavor, can be easily made in bulk, pack fiber making you fuller for longer, are perf for any season, and any brunch!!
If you’re all about the chocolate or simply love an effortless waffle recipe, you’re going to love these new vegan + gluten free Chocolate Waffles!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with oats
Packed with fiber
No white flour
Rich chocolate flavor
Can be made in a blender
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4-5 waffles
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup cacao
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- Add the oats to a blender and blend until it forms a fine dust
- Now add in the remaining ingredients. Blend all ingredients in a blender until almost smooth.
- Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto waffle iron.Allow waffle to cook and leave on the iron for a little longer to achieve a more crispy outer edge.
- Continue with the rest of the batter. Depending on the size of your waffle iron, recipe should make about 4-5 waffles.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings!