- Slice the bread so it can further dry out.
- In a blender combine the batter ingredients, minus the bread, blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10-15 minutes to thicken. Once thickened, throw the slices in and allow them to soak.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with vegan butter. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Try not to flip too much as it will help you to get that crust that you’re looking for. Once all are cooked set aside. Heating too high will also cause the coating to stick to the pan more.
- To make the caramel sauce ingredients combine the ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir consistently until the mixture begins to boil. Continue stirring for another minute or so until it is smooth, remove from the heat. Sauce will thicken and be golden. (5 minutes) If you continue to cook it will become overly thick.
- Remove 90 percent of the caramel sauce from the pan to use for topping french toast and thinly slice the other banana at an angle and place in the pan. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- To plate stack the french toast, and top with bruled bananas and garnish with caramel sauce.
- Category: Pancakes
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 4