Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Today I was debating whether to feature a zucchini pizza crust or this fab bread, but everyone voted for this one of course, and I completely understand why! While I’ve produced a lot of vegan breads via EDS, I’ve yet to do a full on banana bread. Perhaps it’s because I’ve experienced underwhelming recipes, I’m not quite sure..
but with 10+ bananas on their way out on a lazy Sunday, that way my cue to just give it a go, and THANK GOODNESS I did.
I typically gravitate more towards fruit forward anything, but this recipe is by far my fave bread hands down. I like to keep recipes uniform in terms of various components, but I decided to switch things up for a change and I incorporated vegan butter for the oil. In many recipes I prefer coconut oil, however, with this recipe, it completely makes a difference and truly enhances the banana bread flavor.
I utilized coconut sugar versus the typical brown sugar to enrich the brown color and kept it only at 1/2 cup. The idea was to focus more on the natural sugar derived from the bananas that contain more sugar than most given the browning and the chocolate chips, which are actually sweetened with stevia!!
This bread came out as pure perfection! Minimal ingredients, quick, easy, affordable, contains no eggs or flax eggs, no almond milk, is buttery soft, packs tons of bananas (3 1/3 cup), rich chocolate chips, won’t dry up like most breads, is perf for any season, perf when you’re craving something a lil sweet, and my husband and I both agree, this is our favorite bread!!
If you’re searching for that staple banana bread, look no further, this one is a game changer!! You have to try my vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!!
Why this recipe rocks:
No almond milk, flax eggs or real eggs needed
Perf for any season
Won’t dry out
Packs tons of bananas
Only 1/2 cup added sugar
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8-10 slices
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter *room temp
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 cups 1/3 cup pureed overripe bananas
- 1 cup Lily's Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer whisk together the vegan butter and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Slightly cold and room temp is fine, just not melted.
- Now add in the room temp mashed bananas and combine until well blended. (I pureed mine in a food processor)
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; don't over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and top with dark chocolate chips. I like to lightly press mine in so they stick to the bread more post bake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Make a tinfoil tent over the bread in the oven mid bake to prevent the chocolate from burning and maintaining a gorgeous top layer!
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.