- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 chili in adobo sauce (chopped) with 1 tbsp of adobo sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup carrots (ideally shredded)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tsps liquid smoke
- 2 tsps vegan worcestershire
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños
- In a large pot on medium heat, add 1tbsp of oil and chopped onions, cook til translucent. (3-4 mins)
- Now add the carrots, garlic, spices, salt/pepper, and chopped adobo peppers with sauce, and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add 2 cans of rinsed beans (save the other 2 for the end), bay leaf, liquid smoke, worcestershire, pickled jalapeños and broth. Let everything marinate on low/med for 1hr or more so the flavors can combine.
- When ready to serve, remove the bay leaf and throw the soup in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add it back into the pot, and add the remaining 2 cans of rinsed black beans.
- Serve warm and with avocado, vegan sour cream, thinly sliced red onion, and cilantro!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner
- Serving Size: 4-6