- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (I used traditional)
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (processed into flour)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Lilys Sweets stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Cover an 8 x 8 inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the peanut butter and maple syrup to a large bowl. Heat for one to 2 minutes, whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat, add the oat flour and stir until well combined.
- The mixture will be thick.
- Transfer mixture to the pan and press into pan to spread evenly.
- It’s easier to press with your hands as it will stick more to a spatula.
- Set aside in the fridge. In another bowl add the chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until fully combined.
- Remove from heat and pour chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture. Shake pan side to side for an even coat. Top with chopped peanuts while still wet.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours, or overnight, until firm
- Remove from refrigerator and let bars rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- If they are cold, the chocolate may crack a bit when cutting. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container. Can be frozen.
- Serving Size: 1