Vegan Avocado Fries
Truth, I had made a baked version of this recipe over a year 1/2 ago and thought that I had struck gold.
After I finally got around to making the fried version.. I realized I was way, way, way off..
One thing that always made me less open to making vegan fried recipes is that the batter never sticks, but slides off and looks aesthetically terrible.
Until there was the Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg!!
If you think you love avocados, but have yet to ever have a fried avocado, well my friend.. Your affinity for avocados is going to triple..
Why this recipe is great
Great for entertaining
The vegan egg helps to make the perf crust
Great for every season
- To make the spicy mayo, throw all the ingredients together and blend, set aside in fridge to chill.
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat.
- Create three bowls: 1 for flour, 1 for bank and 1 for vegan egg.
- Make the vegan egg by combing the powder with cold water. Whisk, and make sure the consistency is thick.
- Throw flour, chili powder, and cumin together, whisk, then set up the last bowl with just Panko.
- Season avocados with salt, to taste.
- Working one at a time, dredge avocado slices in the flour, then dip into the egg, then dredge in the Panko crumbs, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add the avocado slices to the oil, 5 or 6 at a time, and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, top with a squeeze of lime, cilantro and serve with chipotle mayo
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time:15 minutes
- Category:Avocado Fries