- 2 cups + 1tbsp flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pineapple, thinly sliced’
- 1 1/2 tubs vegan icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 in pan.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients (first 4 ingredients)
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (Last 3)
- Add the wet to dry and combine
- Pour into greased pan and bake for about 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Allow the cake to fully cool and top with ready made vegan icing. Garnish with the pineapple flowers if desired.
- Dehydrated Pineapple: Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Remove the top and the outside of skin of the pineapple with a knife.
- Take a melon ball scooper and remove any of the eyes of the pineapple. The more you scoop out the greater the texture will be on the pineapple flowers.
- Lay the pineapple sideways and make thin slices all the way through the core. Lay the slices on paper towels to absorb excess moisture. Once dried place into muffin tins and press into the cavities. This will give them a curve to resemble flowers.
- Dehydrate in the oven for 1-2 hours. Remove from oven, turn off oven and place the flowers on the backside of the muffin (the raised side) leaving the flowers to further form into the flower shape. Leave in the oven until you need them. The thicker the slices the longer it will take to dehydrate them. They will further firm up when out of the oven. After a while they will soften again and you can simply pop back in the oven at 200.
- Serving Size: 1