- 2 large carrots (peeled, fork tender)
- 1/2 large potato (peeled, fork tender)
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for at least 4hrs in hot water)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (more as needed)
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs vegan Worcestershire (optional)
- 1/2 squeeze lime (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt/pepper as desired
- 1 cup sliced shiitakes
- 2 Tsps soy sauce
- 2 Tsps vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- Sliced Jalapeños
- 4–8 cups cooked pasta
- Soak the cashews in water overnight. If not, simply place in water and pop in the microwave for 5 minutes and allow them to soak or as long as you can. Add all the nacho cheese ingredients to a blender or vitamix and blend until smooth. If you want to monitor the heat factor, add some of the jalapeño and taste before adding more.
- Add more almond milk a little at a time to achieve the desired consistency if yours is too thick. Toss with cooked pasta and top with garnishes.
- Breadcrumbs: place in a pan with butter or olive oil and cook for 3-5 minutes until slightly toasted. You can add a pinch of chili powder and cumin if desired.
- Shiitake Bacon: Preheat the oven to 250. Toss the sliced mushrooms in the ingredients and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-45 minutes until slightly crispy. Set aside.
- Serve warm with the shiitake bacon, breadcrumbs and garnishes!
If you desire more of a Mexican flavor profile, skip the jalapeños and just add 1 adobo pepper to the sauce!
- Serving Size: 4-6 servings