- 1/2 cup Kite Hill vegan Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup self-rising flour or mix 1 cup all purpose flour + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (optional)
- 1–2 tbsp melted vegan butter (optional)
Pumpkin Cream Cheese:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, add vegan sour cream, pumpkin puree, whisk and combine. Add in the spices and flour. With your hands or a spatula, mix together until it begins to form a crumbly dough. Use your hands to push the dough together into one ball. The dough will be very sticky.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface or in the bowl about 15 times, adding an additional 1/3 cup flour gradually if it becomes too sticky.
- Divide dough into four equal balls. Roll out a ball on a lightly floured surface until it becomes a rope about 3/4 inch thick. Try to make the rope as even and smooth as possible. Pinch ends shut to form a round circle. Repeat with remaining dough.Place bagels onto a baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted vegan butter (optional)
- Bake bagels for about 23-25 minutes or until bagels are cooked all the way through. Remove bagels from the oven. If you’d like to brown them more simply set the oven on 500 and bake for 2-3 minutes. Allow bagels cool a few minutes.
- Pumpkin cream cheese: Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, whisk until smooth
When sliced if you feel they didn’t cook all the way thru, simply bake sliced open on 375 for another 5-7 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1